Created in 1990 by brothers Iskandar and Akram Safa, Privinvest is an international shipbuilding powerhouse. The organization is headquartered in Beirut, Lebanon. The company owns shipbuilding yards in the following countries:
- United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi Mar)
- France (Constructions Mecaniques de Normandie)
- Greece (PISB)
- The UK (Isherwoods)
- Germany (Nobiskrug, German Naval Yards, Lindenau)
Each yard specializes in different fields within the shipbuilding industry.
Privinvest has built over 2000 vessels. It offers products and services in over 40 countries. Some of the products offered by the company are:
- Commercial and military vessels
- Super yachts
- Technology and intellectual property transfers. This service allows countries to develop their own naval industries
Currently, six national navies worldwide utilizes the services of Privinvest.
Privinvest is developing new products such as the Surveillance and Protection of Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ). This product allows countries to efficiently monitor and protect their economic interests.
Overview of Shipbuilding Yards
Constructions Mecaniques de Normandie (France) – this shipyard offers services in the following area:
- Naval Vessels up to 95 m
- Combat Systems Integration Capabilities and Integrated Mast
- Logistic and Training Support
- Supply Vessels and Work Boats
- Refit, Repair and Overhaul of naval vessels and yachts
- Hydrokinetic turbines (Ocean Renewable Energy)
- Renewable Energy Platform Assembly
German Naval Yards (Germany) – Located in Kiel, this shipyard specializes in the design and construction of naval vessels. Frigates, corvettes and offshore patrol vessels are included.
Nobiskrug (Germany) – Founded in 1908, this shipyard specializes in design and construction of mega yachts. The facility employs 1000 people.
Lindenau (Germany) – This shipyard prides itself on being ready to aid vessels around the clock. It specializes in the repair, retrofit and maintenance of sea-worthy ships.
Isherwoods (UK) – This shipyard provides Integrated Logistical Support (ILS) services. Whether utilizing its Maintenance Management System, ILS or vast library of technical manuals and publications, Isherwoods stand ready to help.
PISB (Greece) and Abu Dhabi Mar (United Arab Emirates) – These shipyards specialize in surveillance systems, submarine construction and EEZ security.